This node generates a random vector by generating a 1D noise in all of its components. See Number Wiggle node for more info.
- Node Seed - Aside from the Seed input, this extra seed parameter enables you to get different random vectors if the Seed input in not free, that is, it is dependent on some property that you can’t freely controle, for instance, when using multiple Random Vector nodes in a loop while using the index as a seed, you can change the node seed to get different vectors for each node. Animation Nodes automatically changes the Node Seed when you duplicate or add a new Random Vector node.
- Create List - It is the button you see beside the Node Seed, if it is enabled, the output will be a list of random vectors.
- Seed - Seed for the random generator, where different seed generate different vectors.
- Evolution - A float at which the noise is evaluated.
- Speed - It is the frequency of the noise or the rate of change of the values.
- Amplitude - A vector that represents the element wise maximum of the absolute of the componenets of the output vector.
- Octaves - It is the number of perlin noises that constructs the noise function, where the noise function is the superposition of n number of perlin noise with different frequencies where n is the Octaves input.
- Persistance - The magnitude of the added higher frequency octaves, the magnitude of each octave is directly propertional to its frequency.
- Vector - The output vector of the noise functions at the input Evolution.
Advanced Node Settings¶