This node will trim (cut) the input spline to a specific normalized interval.
- Uniform - This option samples the points regardless of the geometry of the spline.
- Resolution - This option samples the points based on the geometry of the spline.
To understand this better lets look at the following example:
The above example shows 2 identical splines where the upper one uses Uniform and the other uses Resolution. If one were to sample some points at regular intervals on both splines, He would observe that:
- Points on Uniform are regularly distributed.
- Points on Resolution are dense at some areas and spaced at others.
So we notice that Resolution care about the geometry of the spline and so a regularly spaced parameters will be closer at parts of the spline where it has dense geometry and spaced at relaxed parts.
Uniform on the other hand will yield results based on the actual distance along the spline, however, it is much slower to compute.
- Spline - A spline to trim.
- Start - The start of the interval.
- End - The end of the interval.
- Spline - The trimed spline.
Advanced Node Settings¶
- Resolution - It is the quality of the resulted spline, in other words, it is the number of points in the output spline.