Get Spline Length¶
This node returns the length of the input spline, it can be restricted to a defined interval.
- Uniform - This option samples the points regardless of the geometry of the spline.
- Resolution - This option samples the points based on the geometry of the spline.
To understand this better lets look at the following example:
The above example shows 2 identical splines where the upper one uses Uniform and the other uses Resolution. If one were to sample some points at regular intervals on both splines, He would observe that:
- Points on Uniform are regularly distributed.
- Points on Resolution are dense at some areas and spaced at others.
So we notice that Resolution care about the geometry of the spline and so a regularly spaced parameters will be closer at parts of the spline where it has dense geometry and spaced at relaxed parts.
Uniform on the other hand will yield results based on the actual distance along the spline, however, it is much slower to compute.
In this node, those options only matter when an interval is defined since the interpolation method is only used to define the interval and not to get the length.
- Spline - A spline.
- Start - The start of the interval.
- End - The end of the interval.
- Length - The length of the spline in the defined interval.
Advanced Node Settings¶
- Resolution - It is the quality of the spline used to do the calculation, in other words, it is the number of handles in the spline which is used in sampling the interval.