This node is a 1D noise generator, you can think of it as random numbers that are smoothly connected to each other.
It is a function of variable Evolution, which means every value of the variable Evolution has a corresponding value calculated based on the node options and this value is the output of the node.
- Node Seed - Aside from the Seed input, this extra seed parameter enables you to get different random numbers if the Seed input in not free, that is, it is dependent on some property that you can’t freely controle, for instance, when using multiple Random Number nodes in a loop while using the index as a seed, you can change the node seed to get different numbers for each node. Animation Nodes automatically changes the Node Seed when you duplicate or add a new Random Number node.
- Seed - Seed for the random generator, where different seed generate different vectors.
- Evolution - A float at which the noise is evaluated.
- Speed - It is the frequency of the noise or the rate of change of the values.
- Amplitude - It is the maximum possible value for the absolute of the output number.
- Octaves - It is the number of perlin noises that constructs the noise function, where the noise function is the superposition of n number of perlin noise with different frequencies where n is the Octaves input.
- Persistance - The magnitude of the added higher frequency octaves, the magnitude of each octave is directly propertional to its frequency.
- Number - The output of the noise function at the variable Evolution.
Advanced Node Settings¶