Object Mesh Data¶
This node returns some information about the input object like its vertices locations and polygon edge indicies.
The data is from blender’s object data block, which means, when the object is edited in edit mode, AN won’t update the output data unless you change to object mode.
- Object - An object.
- Use World Space - This option lets you choose between local and global coordinate space for the outputs.
- Use Modifiers - If enabled, will return the data as modifiers were applied, that includes both the generative and deformative modifiers.
- Scene - The scene the object belong to.
- Vertex Locations - A vector list that includes vertices locations of the input object.
- Edge Indices - A list of edge indices that includes all the edges of the input object.
- Polygon Indices - A list of polygon indices that includes all the polygons of the input object.
- Vertex Normal - A vector list that contain unit vectors that represent the vertices normals of the input object.
- Polygon Centers - A vector list that contain the locations of the centers of the polygons of the input object. It is computed as the average of vertices of the polygon.
- Polygon Normals - A vector list that contain unit vectors that represent the normals of the polygons of the input object.
- Local Polygon Area - A float list that contain the areas of the polygons of the input object.
- Material Indices - An inter list that contains the material index for each polygon, where the first integer represent the index of the material assigned to the first polygon, …
- Mesh Name - A string that contains the name of the mesh.
Advanced Node Settings¶
- Mesh Name output is not the object name! It the the name of mesh data block that define the geometry of the object. In blender you can find that name in the Data Panel.