Get Random List Element¶
This node returns single or multiple elements from the input list randomly.
- Single - Returns a single random element.
- Multiple - Returns multiple random elements. The output list can’t have a length larger than the input list because the node doesn’t allow duplicates.
- Seed - Seed for the random generator, where different seed return different random elements.
- List - The input list.
- Amount - The number of random elements in the output list. Can’t be larger than the the length of the input list. (Only in multiple option)
- List - A list that contains random elements from the input list.
Advanced Node Settings¶
The node has an extra seed (Node Seed) that can be used to differentiate between nodes with the same seed, e.g., When using multiple Get Random List Element nodes in a loop while using the index as a seed, you can change the extra seed to get different results from the other nodes.
Animation Nodes automatically changes the Node Seed when you duplicate or add a new Get Random List Element node.